Dental Lab Technician
Kelowna Denture Clinic is seeking a Dental Lab Technician to fill a one-year maternity leave for a full-time (4 days per week) position, with the possibility of continued employment.
Reporting to the Denturist, the Dental Technician is responsible for the process of fabricating complete and cast partial dentures. This role also has sterilization components and requires teamwork in all aspects of clinic operations.
This position is an integral part of an interdisciplinary team and involves a high amount of responsibility and dedication. It involves working with dental suppliers, lab technicians, denturists, administrative staff, and external labs. Patient care, ensuring fabrication of quality product, and meeting the needs of the Denturist are top priorities.
- Dental Technology diploma or Dental Assisting diploma
- 1+ years experience in the dental industry
- Experience with repairs and relines of complete and partial dentures
- Experience fabricating custom trays and bite rims
- Sterilization training
- Familiarity with Ivoclar products as well as processing with the Ivocap system
- Proficiency in pouring models for edentulous and partially dentate cases
- Ability to mount cases on articulators, including with facebow transfers and pin tracing registrations
- Experience with denture processing, trimming, and polishing
- Proficiency in denture tooth set up and wax up of dentures for try in and finish
Required knowledge and skills
- Understanding of dental terminology
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and work independently as needed
- Detail-oriented, organized, and reliable
- Positive attitude, ability to work as a team player
- Motivation to learn and take directions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact while respecting patient confidentiality
Applicants must consent to a criminal record check.
We offer a competitive wage, benefit package, and four-day work week (Monday to Thursday).
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.